Sketching Competition Details
Scope of the competition: Sketches drawn on the following topics:
- Rock Climbing
- High Altitude Trekking
- Mountain Landscapes
- Temples and Caves in Sahyadri
- Mountain Lifestyle
Medium: All the pencil sketching mediums will be accepted (including color pencils, graphite, charcoal pencils, pens). Paintings and digital art are not accepted for this competition.
Last Date of Submission: 25th of June 2023 (till 11:59 PM IST)
Exhibition Date: 9th July 2023
- Entry to the competition is open only for all Indian citizens.
- The Competition is open to all artists above the age of 15 years.
- No entry fees will be charged for entering the competition.
- Winners will get to attend only the Sketching competition award ceremony (from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm of 9th July 2023) at no cost. If the entrant desires to attend the entire Girimitra Sammelan event then he/she has to obtain a donor pass.
- Contestants are required to send a high-resolution image of their sketch for evaluation. Under no circumstances should a hard copy of the original sketch be sent.
- No watermarking or digital content should appear on the Sketch.
- When sending a digital image of the sketch, the angle should be such that the image is clearly visible. Do not use slanting angles etc. A top view will probably be fine. Or a scanned image is the best option.
- Captions or text should be provided in the entry form only.
How to enter the competition?
- Upload the high-quality image of the sketch. Maximum dimension should not exceed 18 inches. File Format: JPEG, JPG, PNG or Tiff
- Only three entries per person. No group participation is allowed.
- Each entry consists of a duly filled entry form. Please use the entry form link given below.
- Complete the entry form with the required information such as your name, mobile number, email address, respective captions and location of the Sketch.
Results and Display of Sketches:
- Three winners will be selected in the contest. There will be a trophy for each winner.
- Winner and Selected sketches recommended by the judges will be displayed at the venue, subject to availability of space.
- After the screening the organizers will contact you about sending the selected sketches for display.
- Competitors are requested to send good quality printouts of selected sketches for display at the event venue within ten days after the examination.
- Girimitra Sammelan will not take printouts of any sketch. The responsibility of sending the printout is entirely on the competitor. Please don't send any original work for display. Also, Girimitra Sammelan and organizers will not be responsible for the sketch being lost or damaged in the process.
- It will be the artist's own responsibility to collect the printouts of the sketch on the same evening after the end of the July 9 exhibition. Girimitra Sammelan will not be responsible if your print out is lost, damaged or otherwise damaged after the exhibition.
For further details, please contact:
Sampada Kalamkar: 9561482237
Abhijit Randive: 7666102607
Competition Entry Form: Click here
Competition Rules & Regulations: Click here